Risk Engineering services pertaining to facility design, construction or major site
alterations. Plan/project review involves the inclusion of PRC at any stage of a
project to ensure fire protection and other design aspects are adequately specified
and undertaken with regards to risk management. A common important issue is the adequate
specification of fire sprinkler systems.
Activities typically comprise:
- Project specification derivation. Mostly comprising of construction features, fire
protection, occupancy and equipment hazard management.
- Project and site meetings to assess progress, site conditions, adherence to specifications
and address variations from agreed features.
- Technical advice provided as and when needed.
- Site visits to perform commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Post-completion underwriting surveys for significant changes or new facilities.
- Mitigation of property hazards.
- Positive loss prevention features incorporated at the most cost effective early
- Facilities which are attractive to the insurance market.
- Overseeing of contractors with regards to important property risk hazards.